Sunday, February 10, 2013

Damn You Snow

Only got to see two this week, thanks to the annoying New England weather. I'm sorry, I've lived here my whole life and I'll never be used to it. Snow is my mortal enemy!

If you'd like to see these posts the moment they get published, please subscribe to this blog. I won't always post them on my Facebook page and I will be occasionally holding fun contests for my subscribers as a thank you for checking me out.

Today I went and saw Identity Thief staring Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy and Side Effects with Channing Tatum and Rooney Mara.

Let's start with Identity Thief:


This was one I was really looking forward to. I'm in love with both of these actors and was really excited to see them in what promised to be an outrageous comedy. Jason Bateman's character finds himself a victim of identity theft and, finding that the law can do nothing to help him, takes matters into his own hands and attempts to track down the person (McCarthy) responsible for ruining him financially. 

We meet McCarthy, living it up in Florida and Bateman somehow convinces her to travel back to Colorado with him so he can put his life back together. Can someone say road trip?! 

Now, while I did find this film to be extremely enjoyable, I can't say I left feeling like I needed to immediately  see it again with everyone I know. It was as funny as the trailers would have you believe, but it wasn't any funnier then that. I still recommend you see it if you like either of these actors, you'll be happy you did.


Now Side Effects:


This film was completely unexpected! I was on the fence about whether or not I was going to see it. The trailer made it seem a little boring and you couldn't really figure out who the victim was. 

Now normally I start writing these reviews in my head halfway through the movie. I was totally prepared to talk about how this film was an interesting commentary on the state of mental health in this country, and very perfectly timed after everything that happened in Sandy Hook. Then the story took a turn and I had to scrap that review entirely.

I won't say the movie was a shocker or had some genius plot twist, but it was definitely interesting and one that I recommend to anyone who enjoys a good story. But again, also not one I felt I needed to see again immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment