Monday, May 6, 2013

Hi, my name is:

This was a big weekend for me. All three films that I got to see were ones that I was seriously looking forward to checking out. As usual, I'm going to go through them in the order I saw them. Let's start with the big boy:

Iron Man 3:


I feel silly even writing about this one if I'm honest. It's freakin' Iron Man. Is it amazing? Yes. Should you see it? You mean to tell me you haven't seen it yet?!?! Yes. See it. More than once. Bring your mom like I did, she'll love it. Robert Downey Jr. is awesome as usual. Don Cheadle kicks ass and is tougher in this film than I'd ever seen him before. Ben Kingsley was incredible as always and his role is one you will not see coming. Wait, that was his line from the movie in fact, awesome. 

What can I say? Please, see it. And if you haven't seen the first two Iron Man flicks, or Avengers for that matter-WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! 



Here's one that will surprise you, Pain & Gain:


You'll see the trailers and you'll think this is going to be one bananas comedy. You are correct, however, the film itself is based on a true story that you simply will never believe. Mark Wahlberg is brilliant in his role of this crime dramas "mastermind", Daniel Lugo, who decides he's had enough of this minimum wage, paycheck to paycheck lifestyle, and recruits his friends from his local gym to help him kidnap and steal from one of his clients. Dwayne Johnson and  Tony Shalhoub are starring in roles the likes of which we have never seen and they were positively amazing. 

I won't go into too much detail, but I can guarantee you, you'll never believe something so insane could actually have happened. Furthermore, you'll wonder how such a comedy of errors turned roller coaster of crime could have taken place without any serious public attention. Honestly, how did no one know about this?! It's actually pretty horrible when you sit back and think about it. 

A group of roided out meatheads decide to steal from the rich. However, they have no idea what they're doing and end up killing two people and ruining countless people's lives. Sure, the movie makes light of it by focusing on how supremely stupid the bad guys were but let's keep it real. People actually died. 

I'd like to tell you to see the film because the actors' performances really were crazy but I feel like I'm encouraging ya'll to laugh at other people's tragedy. Puts me in a real moral bind...


Mud:


I saw the trailer for this film and was instantly hooked. The performances looked incredible and I was really excited to see Matthew McConaughey once again, doing what he does and acting his arse off. Matt plays a drifter named Mud who comes back to his hometown after being on the run for a few years. Mud is in love with Juniper, played by Reese Witherspoon and we come to find he was on the run because he killed a man who was hurting her. 

Two local boys, played by Tye Sheridan and Jacob Lofland, discover Mud hiding out on an island in the middle of the river and they become friendly with him and try to help him get out of town. It's not the fastest paced film out there right now, but it's definitely one I'd suggest you see. Those two boys are going places-they were absolutely incredible. If they never act again, it'd be a real shame. Watch the trailer, you can a small taste of their talents in a 30 second clip that will explain it all. Those boys should be extremely proud of their performances, just fantastic, I can't say enough about them. I was extremely impressed!

Go see Mud!





No comments:

Post a Comment