Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Surprise!

This review is a joy to write! I cannot wait to tell you folks about the two movies I just caught this week. White House Down and The Heat were awesome! Let's review!

White House Down:


I know I said nice things about Olympus Has Fallen in my review. I also talked a load of crap about this movie after seeing the trailers for it over and over again. But wow-I can't believe how wrong I was!

This film makes Olympus Has Fallen look like a sissy! I mean amature hour son! White House Down was full of action, none of the corniness that Olympus showered us with (seriously-cheeseball ridiculousness) and a ton of eye candy so girlfriends won't mind catching an action flick with their guys. 

I wanted nothing to do with this one because the trailers made it look like more a comedy then it was and also made Jamie Foxx's President seem as though we'd be getting an African American George Bush type-character. I was not thrilled after seeing the trailers repeatedly. Plus, we just had Olympus, what do we need this for?

I now ask you, what did we need Olympus for? I mean I know it's unfair to compare the two, and had they come out a year or two apart, I may not compare them at all. But damn, it is what it is and White House Down has come out on top. Oh, and James Woods is in it! James Woods! They don't even mention him in the trailers! What?!

Go see it :)


And now to bring The Heat:


This is one of those films that makes me really happy. You wait and wait and wait and keep seeing trailer and preview after trailer and preview. Ever clip and commercial makes you laugh and there anticipation and excitement build until it's finally here. And the best part? It doesn't disappoint!!!

I waited six months for this baby to come to theaters and I am happy to report it was completely worth the wait! Just as funny as the trailers would have you believe and thankfully, full of even more laughs and gags not shown in commercials! You will not stop laughing throughout this whole film. 

Melissa McCarthy is brilliant as always and Sandra Bullock delivers the same great performance you expect in everything she does. They are wonderful together and you will want to see this movie over and over again. 

I'll tell you right now, it was funnier than Identity Thief, so if you liked that one, you will absolutely pee your pants when you check this one out! It is NOT for children though! Please believe me when I say this. Melissa McCarthy does not deliver a single line that does not contain an "F" bomb. If you'd like your children to develop the most colorful vocabulary ever heard since, well, talking to me at work, then okay, let them see this one. But if you think the grown up words should be left to the grown ups, leave the kids at home. 

But definitely go see it. I'm serious, go right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment