Thursday, March 3, 2016

Gods of Egypt

Gods of Egypt:

I'm going to be perfectly honest here you guys, I saw these trailers over and over again and kept thinking, "Wow, this looks like a complete piece of shit."

Don't get me wrong, it's not good. But thankfully it's got enough going on throughout the 2 hour love letter to King Midas that it's bearable.

Again, as with all Hollywood films about Egyptian legend, we're given an all white cast with a range of European accents they weren't even attempting to cover up. Okay, there was one African American actor and his character came across as a stereotypical homosexual by Hollywood's standards. It was kind of distracting actually. Whether he was going for that delivery on purpose, I do not know. I really don't understand how they get these actors to sign on for this stuff, I truly don't. The writing was pretty shit and as you can see from the trailer below, the special effects leave much to be desired.
But in the end, this actually reminded me a lot of the original Clash of the Titans from the 80s which will always hold a special place in my heart. It's equally as terrible and the effects are far worse given the technology of the time; yet for some reason I still enjoy watching it.

I would actually watch this one again if there was nothing else on TV or if my best friend found it on one of the movie channels and wanted to give it a shot. I can't say the same for Exodus: Gods & Kings. Two hours of that garbage was enough for the rest of my life thank you very much.



and for s&g's, here's the trailer for CoT:


No comments:

Post a Comment