Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Bronze







This was one of the most odd-ball comedies I've seen in quite awhile. It made me laugh, yes, but more often then not I was shaking my head at the characters lines and situations.
Melissa Rauch definitely took on a whole new persona. Her character was foul mouthed and self centered and on all accounts, trashy as hell. I left feeling like she purposely chose this role, not because she was in love with the character, but as a career move, in the hopes that people won't try and type-cast her as the sweet innocent nerdy gal she plays in Big Bang Theory. Then you find out she wrote the thing and you're like, wait...what??

Sebastian Stan was in it which was lovely but he played a real jerk-off too. The only likable character in the film was played by Thomas Middleditch but his role wasn't much of a stretch when you see that he plays the same, socially awkward, shy guy in Silicone Valley. I don't know, this was like Napoleon Dynamite, ridiculous and uncomfortable but sadly, not as funny, at least for me.  






No comments:

Post a Comment