Monday, May 2, 2016

The Jungle Book

I can't say enough wonderful things about this film! Everyone really must see it! Jon Favreau knocked it out of the park!


Everything was exceptional-the graphics were on point and the special effects were unbelievable!
I was concerned that the casting director did the typical "Hollywood thing" and hired a Caucasian kid for the role of Mowgli and just covered the poor boy in spray tan, but they didn't! They cast an Indian actor to play the role of an Indian character! I mean, they got literally everything right!


Growing up I wasn't really a fan of the cartoon version we all know. It just didn't provide the feels for me like Bambi or Dumbo. But this film was different. I was crying, I was laughing, I was on the edge of my seat-and I already knew the story!


The actors chosen for each role were pure perfection. I've never been turned on by a tiger before but Idris Elba has that delicious British baritone that seeps into your bones and even though he's a bad guy, you can't help but get caught up in his character.


Jon made some really smart decisions that kept all of the classic elements of the original story while still providing unique twists which enabled it to stand alone. The songs we grew up with were present in this version but we didn't get the full length musical like the original which I'm sure parents appreciated.


The writer's even made a point of adding some side characters who were animals on the endangered species list and the internet was all kinds of pleased because it brought attention to the need for conservation to a huge audience. The film has been in theaters now for two weeks and there's still lines at the box office to see it! This might very well be my favorite movie of 2016!



Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment