Tuesday, February 9, 2016

P & P & Z/Hail, Caesar!

Pride & Prejudice & Zombies:


Okay, you guys have GOT to see this thing! I'm going again, it was such a good time! I didn't read the book or knew anything the about the classic story it was based off of but dammit now I plan to pick up both versions. Seriously, such a blast! Much like Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, the writer did an amazing job of taking a well known story and adding in an oddball element like Zombies and making the whole damn thing work! And work well! It wasn't cheesy, it wasn't lame, it was really freaking well made and you're going to walk away smiling and hoping for a sequel. Go see it!












Hail, Caesar!:


I was so excited to see this one. I liked it but it wasn't what I expected. It was all pretty random actually. The trailer gives you the impression that it's a mystery of sorts; a famous actor gets kidnapped and you think the entire film is about trying to find him. It's not. That's certainly in there but its a strange mix of stories about all of the various characters and none of them ever really mesh together. The main character is a major executive for a movie studio and he's responsible for making sure all of the movies and their actors are perceived well by the general public. He's a baby sitter for famous adults.
The film was funny, the acting was great, but you leave with the feeling that the whole thing was just really random. And the ending was just that, an ending. There was no real climax and everything just kind of ends and you sit there watching the credits rolling and think, "huh." and that's it. I'd watch it again if a friend was interested in checking it out but it's not one I'll need to add to my collection.







No comments:

Post a Comment