Friday, February 5, 2016

The Choice

The Choice:


Another typical Nicholas Sparks story. This one was pretty predictable and at times exceptionally cheesy which wouldn't be a bad thing if the acting wasn't so mediocre. I know this all sounds very harsh so let me say, I didn't hate the film. I did however cringe at the thought of any man having to sit through this thing. Girls, don't be cruel. There are plenty of other films out there that you'll both enjoy, don't make your guy sit through this. The actors were attractive, yes, but the writing was just silly and at times made it really hard to believe there was any chemistry between the folks on screen.

I didn't read the book so I can only assume they rushed the story along so the movie didn't go past the two hour mark. If they were true to the story however, I've got some real issues. I'm not going to spoil the movie but at one point (you'll see this in the trailer), the female lead ends up in a coma and her romantic interest is, obviously, very upset and scared. Totally natural, that I get, I really do. But what pissed me off watching the thing was that the male lead pretty much neglected everyone else in his life, at least, that's the way he was portrayed. Again, don't misunderstand me, I love a good chick flick. There just wasn't enough substance in this one for me. I did cry at the appropriate times and I was hoping for a happy ending, but this is not one I'll ever need to watch again.










No comments:

Post a Comment